Sunday, September 13, 2009

Thanks for the memories.

It's funny how watching a silly slapstick comedy was able to make me recall memories I haven't had in years. We watched Step Brothers last week and toward the end, one of the lead characters sang an Italian song made popular a decade ago by blind singer Andrea Bocelli-I don't recall what it is called, but the English version is called "Time to Say Goodbye".

I don't know if it was because our 10 year anniversary was fast approaching (this Friday) or I was feeling just relaxed enough since my benadryl was kicking in (darn Ragweed!)-but I was flooded with memories of our honeymoon in Italy: Warm air, windows wide open to the piazza below... Eating al fresco, drinking wine-lots of wine since it was cheaper to buy a house red than a bottle of water at most places... passionate nights in foreign beds.... It WAS our honeymoon after all.

It just amazes me how memories work. When we least expect it-a sound, a smell or a sight will bring us back to places we haven't visited (even in our minds) in many years. It's so great to have the opportunity to relive old experiences again. In fact, since the kids are officially off to bed now... I think I will go get a glass of red, join hubby on the front porch, close my eyes and take another trip down memory lane.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh-just realized that my last post had the word "memory" in it, too-I'm sure I just made a blogging faux pas... Oh well-shoot me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your anniversary was a MEMORABLE one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha! Memories are good. Last night I re-read many of my blog posts from the last year and had a few good laughs at our life...it was refreshing as we move on to new things this fall.

    ReplyDelete