Friday, February 13, 2009

My cheapskate Valentine.

Happy Valentine's day everyone! Hope it's good for all. I'm always amazed by the wide range of how people celebrate Valentines Day. Some people lavish each other with chocolate, jewelry, flowers and/or dinner at a fancy restaurant. Then there are couples that take "V" day with pretty much and "eh" attitude (of course when I was single, it was the holiday I hated the most, so there is that range on the celebrating spectrum, too).

I've always thought that my husband and I kind of took the middle path, with a slight veer toward "eh" at times. Over the past few years, we have gotten a heart shaped pizza from a take'n'bake place, had cookies, and get each other (and the kids) a small gift and chocolates.

Well, this year just feels different. Because I know times are tight, I asked for the gift of time from my husband, that's all. See, I have a massage gift certificate leftover from my birthday last year, so I just wanted the time to use it. Fate is not in my favor, however, as the spa is booked up for Saturday. So I'm hoping hubby does not go crazy and buy me something..... too big (haha). All I got him was some special dark chocolates that I found on sale and some spicy nuts, also on sale.

But the best part of our Valentines day will be after the kids go to bed (not that you dirty minded people!). I'm going to make some hors 'duerves and fondue just for him and I. I might even get dolled up a little while he's putting the kids to bed. I'm pretty excited that I was able to get all of my supplies/ingredients for decent prices or raid my freezer for them. I also hand made his card and found an awesome quote to use in it. All in all it should be a pretty cheap Valentine for us. And I am A-OK with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment