Saturday, April 11, 2009

What's it all about?


Our church had a Maundy Thursday service in preparation of Easter this week. My husband then asked me-now what happened on Maundy Thursday? My seven year old and I proceeded to take turns reading out loud a great book we found at the library. It's called "The Very First Easter" by Paul L. Maier. It is such a good book at breaking down the Easter story in easier to understand terms for little ones. I was so impressed with it that I may use it for my Jr./Sr. High Sunday school class tomorrow. I've attached a copy here, the front cover gives you an example of the awesome illustrations that are within (sorry about the camera glare. With that said, I wish everyone Happy Easter! Oh, and by the way-my dear hubby now knows that Maundy Thursday is the celebration/remembrance of the Last Supper. Even old men (teehee) can learn something new.

5 comments:

  1. Careful now - he might be reading this, or maybe his mom is, and she might report you to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had trouble finding a good book for kids, to explain Easter. I'll give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how was the Maundy Thursday service? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tagged you to participate in this great blog meme, called Only Eight! Stop by my blog to find out how to play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I didn't make it to Maundy Thursday service-hubby was late from golfing and I had Girls in Garage, but at least we know what it means!

    ReplyDelete