Sunday, April 5, 2009

Goin' to the chapel

What and exciting weekend our family had. We were invited to a wedding on Saturday, all four of us. After thinking about the invitation for a moment or two we decided that we would take our daughter with us since she is older, but the little guy needed to stay with family (not that he was complaining-he got to sleepover with three older cousins-one of which he pretty much idolizes right now).

To make things interesting, my hubby was asked to be photographer for the wedding/reception. He is an awesome (in my opinion which IS biased) amateur photographer and since the bride and groom were aware of this, they decided to save themselves some stress and money by having a friend do the job. Of course hubby was VERY nervous about the task-these were peoples WEDDING pictures, mind you! In fact, as soon as we got home last night, he had to look at all 667 (give or take) pictures to make sure he didn't mess up, and guess what?? He didn't! I think he did a fantastic job (once again, biased) that the bride and groom will be very happy with.

I knew my hubby was going to be busy all day/night at the wedding, I was really looking forward to spending some quality time with my big girl. Well, nature just doesn't work that way, and wouldn't you know it, she started to feel VERY tired during the ceremony. I tried to revive her in between the wedding and reception by taking her for some pie (and coffee for me of course!), but nothin' doin'. All she wanted to do was sleep-so for the hour it took for the wedding party to get to the reception-she slept in the backseat of our car in the parking lot of the hotel/reception hall. Once the wedding party arrived, I was lucky enough to get permission from my brother-in-law for sweetpea to use their hotel bed to take a nap. That's pretty much where she was for the rest of the night.

Since my brother-in-law and his wife were part of the wedding party, they had my sister-in-law's sister come along so that she could stay in the hotel room with their two young children. Thank goodness she was nice enough to watch my sleeping beauty also, so that I could go out and enjoy some of the celebration. Knowing she was asleep I was able to relax and have a fun time, but I was missing her every second. My girl has a lot of pizzazz so it was hard not to see her out on the dance floor. Several people mentioned how they missed her. I remember being her age and going to weddings and feeling like they were something magical, so it's also a bummer she missed that. In fact, I'm ALMOST thirty-five and this wedding still seemed magical to me-you can just tell when it's the right fit and this couple is DEFINITELY the right fit. I just hope that sleeping beauty can find her prince someday (a long time from now) and experience the magic for herself (did I mention a long time from now??)

1 comment:

  1. Sniff sniff sniff...your parting words made me tear up just a bit! Nice post tonight!

    ReplyDelete