Sunday, May 10, 2009

Rollercoaster of life.

Happy Mother's day to all the Momma's out there. I hope it was a good one for everyone. I've had kind of a crazy/weird/sad/busy week. Let me see if I can bring everyone up to speed.

First off, my Grandmother is in the hospital not doing well, they've called in Hospice. If anyone has lost a loved one, they might know what calling in Hospice means.. I visited her shortly yesterday morning and she was in a lot of pain at the time. It's very sad to watch this going on-I wasn't closest with my Grandmother, but I love her, and I hate seeing my Mother go through losing her Mother. Umm.... Not going to talk anymore about that right now, it makes me too sad..

On a bright note, my sister, my nephew and I had an interview with a reporter from the local paper about our Walk Now for Autism-happening this upcoming Saturday in Chicago. The article is set to print tomorrow, so I'm anxious to see how it turns out.

Another shining point in my week was taking my daughter to our church's Mother Daughter Banquet. This year the entertainment was a Talent Show. My daughter was slated to sing while her cousin played piano. She had been very nervous when she was first asked to perform, so I told her I would do something for the talent show, also. So, I've been practicing for weeks on my guitar. The big night was Friday, and I performed "Yellow" by Coldplay, a song that I have sung to my dear girl since she was just a somersaulter in my tummy. I admit that I messed up, but I kept going-and I was so proud to show my girl that it's okay to get out of your comfort zone and keep going. I was quite proud of my little singer, too-both the girls did a great job!

Today was another crazy day as my girl and her cousin hosted a bake sale after church to raise funds for our walk. Also, I was liturgist for the first time ever-talk about being out of my comfort zone this week! After church we had a quick lunch, then headed to one of our favorite parks to attempt a hike-I was actually surprised-the little guy handled it fairly well-though the hubby did have to carry him some. Everyone in our family was tired and a little cranky tonight, so it was early bedtime for everyone (apparently even hubby-he was snoring away while I watched a "chick flick").

While I sat in bed trying to read, then thinking about sleeping, but not even trying because I know it's not going to come to me right now, I just feel so jumbled with my emotions. I don't know whether I'm happy or sad. Why does life (and death) have to be so complicated-our emotions get to jumbled.... I'm usually the type of gal that wears her heart on her sleeve-you can usually tell exactly what I feel. Right this moment I'm just feeling alone. The house is too quiet (other than the snores). I'm almost contemplating waking hubby up, just so I can have a good listener to hear me.. Or even just his arms to hold me. I shouldn't wake him, but it IS still officially Mothers day for another 20 minutes, AND he failed to give me the one gift I asked him for (just to fix an old palm pilot of his that I like to play games on)-just plain forgot... We'll see, I might just have vented enough now to fall asleep on my own.

Anyways, hug your Mommas-they're precious commodities, and we're blessed to have them.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet post today! It sounds like your day was filled with blessings!

    ReplyDelete