Thursday, May 14, 2009

What I woke up to this morning.

Apparently the little guy was more alert this morning than the rest of the family. When our alarm went off (and my hubby hit the snooze like usual) I settled back in for our "Five more". I was just starting to drift off when I heard some noises coming from down in our dining room... Uh oh. On a school day (and really most days) this is NOT a welcoming sound. It means that either my seven year old woke up and decided to make breakfast for everyone instead of getting dressed and making her bed like she's supposed to do on school days OR the little rascal is foraging!

I made it down the stairs in double time to find him sitting at the dining room table with a cup with hot cocoa mix in it, dipping his fingers in it and also, a carton of ice cream (thankfully nearly empty to begin with). Of course he had chocolate all over his face! At least he had his dairy group. I think what cracked me up the most was that he was eating his ice cream with a miniature child's whisk.

It was definitely a way to wake up-not necessarily good, but a way. I actually had a hard time hiding my giggles while hubby explained to little guy why ice cream and cocoa aren't the best breakfast choices. So have a great night-and if you need a pick-me-up in the morning, there's always dry cocoa and ice cream-via whisk!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laugh this morning - I needed it! You really need to print all these little blog posts out and save them for the kids when they grow up! You're an excellent writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete