Tuesday, March 31, 2009

And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson

I made a disturbing revelation yesterday that I just can't shake the thought of....

Okay, so I have to admit that I am a "Twilight" fan-my sister and sister-in-law pretty much twisted my arm to start on the books, and guess what? I actually love them-I didn't want to-I usually like to go in the path of least resistance when choosing a book, but sometimes I just can't help myself and I gravitate to the bestsellers. So I have read book 1, 2 & 3 and am currently working on book 4 (Breaking Dawn). Well, you can imagine that I was pretty excited when the movie for the first book was finally released on DVD (moms don't get to go the the theaters much). I borrowed my sister's copy on Sunday and hubby and I watched it after the kids went to bed that night. Okay, I watched and he mostly slept, but other than his snoring over the movie I didn't mind.

One of the characters in the movie I enjoyed seeing was "Jacob Black" , he has a pretty small role in this movie, but I'm sure we'll be seeing more of him in the next movie. The actor playing him was likable and familiar and I have to admit I kind of thought he was cute. (Now, he was no "Edward"-NO ONE can be Edward-you fellow Twilight fans know what I mean). So, yesterday I kept thinking of how familiar "Jacob" looked. Did I see him in something else?? I'm kind of a movie buff so when I can't figure these things out I get irked, then I go online. I go to my usual website of choice when these conundrums are upon me- Internet movie database . com (imdb.com). After a quick lookup of the cast & crew I found the actor that plays Jacob, then I clicked on his list of past works and.....

Dun dun dun.....

OMG (to sound like the teenybopper I should be) he's Sharkboy! Sharkboy and Lavagirl is a movie that came out a few years ago-I didn't even know what it was until this fall. That's when my (then 6 year old) girl first caught sight of it while watching Disney Channel one Saturday evening-she was hooked. The next weekend we just HAD to rent it from the video store-and wouldn't you know it, it came in 3D too! She was really hooked then. We watched the whole thing together with our cute little glasses on-while little bro ran about the room waving his in the air. She then formed what I consider the closest thing to a crush that a 6 year old can have for Sharkboy-one scene in particular she tried to describe to me how it made her feel when Sharkboy is hurt-it almost brought a tear to my eye. Of course she asked for a copy of the movie for her birthday, and of course one of our relatives obliged.

So you can imagine how disturbing it is for me to think the same boy is cute that my 7 year old daughter thinks is cute! My only consolation is that as I mentioned before, Sharkboy and Lavagirl was made 5 (?) years ago-the actor has definitely grown up quite a bit since then. I'm sure this won't be the last time that both my girl and I think the same actor or singer or athlete is cute, but it's definitely the first time. I think I better stop watching movies-or maybe she and I need to watch more together??

No comments:

Post a Comment