Sunday, March 22, 2009

Little girls little girls

It seems like it's been forever since I have been able to post. We have had a crazy week in our house. The high point was definitely Friday morning. I raced downstairs to answer the early ringing phone. It was a phone call I was expecting. I was an Auntie again. A new little girl was born in the middle of the night. I woke up my daughter to ask her what she hoped her Aunt De had-her answer was predictable- "a girl". She was pleased as punch to hear that her hope was answered!

The plan was to make the two hour trip to visit the new baby as soon as my daughter got off school. Hubby took off work a couple hours early, and met us at home right before we embarked. I had the duty of getting a baby gift (and something for her big brother, too), filling up the car, getting snacks ready (a must have with kids), and getting drinks ready. What I forgot was that we also had library books due and a video due back to the video store. I also wanted to stop at the gym and get a workout first thing.... Can she do it folks???? YES SHE CAN! In fact, not only did I manage all of that, I also cleaned the car out, printed directions to the hospital, found a fun place for us to take our kids to dinner before heading home and got directions there and home. When my husband walked in the door, we were set to go!

All of my preparations made for a very pleasant drive, the kids watched a movie (okay one slept-little guy didn't get a chance to have his nap with all the errand running). We made it to the hospital with no problem. Our niece was just beautiful. I know I'm biased, but she is a gorgeous baby! We took a slew of pictures, of course. By the time we left an hour later, I had the smell of newborn on me, a camera full of photos and two HUNGRY kids. We ate our dinner (which was awesome by the way-a local deli filled with all kinds of fun things for the kids to look at.) and headed home.

Yesterday Vivian went to a sleepover at our neighbors house-it was one of their daughters' birthday. There were 10 girls there. As I watched those giggling girls run around from one room of the house to the next-I thought of my new niece and all of the fun stuff my step-sister is going to get to be a part of now that she has a little girl. Girls definitely wanna have fun. Then we headed home with our quiet (but aggressive) little guy and realized, that if the new baby had been a boy-that would have been a great blessing, also. My step-sister mentioned once when my daughter was born "You don't realize it, but every time a baby is born healthy-EVERY single time-it is a MIRACLE."

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very busy time. And, a new baby girl has arrived to brighten the world! So wonderful. What a way to welcome in SPRING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. It was the best way to welcome spring!

    ReplyDelete