Monday, March 23, 2009

Return of Suzy Homemaker-or Jittery Joan

I have been a busy little bee today. I feel so fulfilled,and we haven't even gotten to dinner yet! I managed to get my workout in this morning. The little guy and I then had our monthly meeting with our Parents as Teachers lady-today we played with play dough AND finger paints during our meeting. I just love our Parents as Teachers program-if there is one in your area and you have under 5yr old children-I suggest you take full advantage of this awesome program.

After our meeting we played some games, had our lunch and wouldn't you know, the little guy fell asleep on his own today. It's so nice when I don't have to coerce him into his nap! Since he snoozed on his own, I took full advantage and sat down to have my third (yes, you heard me, my third) cup of coffee. I usually am a two cup kind of girl, so to have a third was definitely pushing the envelope for me-what kind of monstrous results would come from this brazen act???

Let's just say that when my daughter got home from school and little guy woke up simultaneously, we ate some yogurt, I cleaned out the yogurt cups, we then planted green pepper seeds in the yogurt cups and gave them a drink. You would think this would be enough excitement for one afternoon, but no. I then cleaned up the table and got out the supplies to make a homemade snake shaped draft stop for my daughter's closet door. (Kudos to Family Fun magazine for that idea) The kids loved pouring the rice into the cut tight leg until it was full. I then hot glued googly eyes and a felt tongue on the stripey tight and we created a snake!

I still had some bubbly energy left, so I decided to spend a little of it on my blog. This may not be my most impressive post, but is definitely my most quickly written! The kids are watching a video, and hubby just walked in the door-so that means I need to move my attention to the cooking now. Will I do three cups of coffee every day? No, I know my limitations, and I don't want to end up with a caffeine "problem". But it's good to know I can "kick it up a notch" on occasion. Okay, so maybe I do have a problem already-but don't tell anyone, except maybe Folgers coffee-I could use some coupons!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun day - and making a SNAKE, to boot! Maybe 3 cups of coffee isn't a half bad idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me laugh! Sometimes I drink a lot of coffee too, with a lot of the same results. It's fun sometimes!

    ReplyDelete